Job Application Information
Looking to apply at RdyToGo? That is terrific. If hired, you will be joining a talented and wonderfully creative team. The culture at RdyToGo is warm and friendly, informal and accepting.
Who Can Apply?
While we appreciate those who have received formal higher education, we will consider ALL candidates regardless of whether they have gone to college or not. We recommend but do not require an ACT National Career Readiness Certificate for all applicants. There are several local testing centers.
While we encourage everyone who qualifies to apply, we prefer to hire candidates located near our design studios. All of our employees work from our design studios and we have no remote workers (though we will consider remote workers if the right situation arises).
At RdyToGo, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and we need it. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We consider all applicants, no matter their gender, ethnicity, religion, education, orientation, or any other differentiating factor. We consider everyone, not because the law requires it, but because we feel that it is the right thing to do.
If you are hoping to move from another state or region to Myrtle Beach or Jacksonville, we totally understand why. The two cities are wonderful beach towns. However, we prefer to hire people who are already established in our regions and/or have a backup plan. Myrtle Beach is an especially transient area with a highly unstable economy based primarily on tourism. In other words, it's "feast or famine" with an emphasis on famine. Unfortunately, that instability directly affects our local clients, then us, then our employees. Because of this, we would feel incredibly awful if we got you leave everything, move here, and then lay you off in the winter. That being said, RdyToGo has been very fortunate to never have to lay our staff off since we were founded in February 2010.
What are we looking for?
The RdyToGo team has a positive outlook and energy. We wish to keep it that way. When we face obstacles, we work together to overcome them. When a disagreement arises we immediately and respectfully work it out together. What we do not tolerate is passive aggressive behavior, emotional repression and blowups, bigotry, and prejudice.
General Business Skills & Knowledge
No matter what job position is applied for, there are some business skills that everyone should have, such as; organization, communication, cleanliness, basic typing, and computer skills. Most importantly you should have a strong knowledge of business etiquette.
Dress and Grooming
We ask that all interviewees and employees dress in a clean and orderly way. At work our employees usually dress in a relaxed business casual style. As clothing and style are forms of self expression, we ask that you express respect for our clients and everyone on our team.
When should I apply?
We do some things differently:
- We rarely post job openings, even when they are available.
- We accept applications even if no job openings are posted.
- We often interview applicants even if we are not currently hiring.
- We interview a high percentage of applicants who apply (even if they are under-qualified or if we are not hiring.)
- We interview applicants for job positions that they did not apply for.
Because of these differences, we recommend that you:
- Apply, even if no job opening is posted.
- Be ready to interview, even if no job opening is posted.
- Be prepared to interview for a job position you did not apply for.
- Reapply each year or when you have a relevant change to your resume (such as a new skill, job experience or more education).
Why do we do this?
How do I apply?
Step 1: Prepare
During your application you will be asked to provide a resume (or CV as our friends across the pond call it.) We examine EVERY resume we receive carefully. Here is what we look for:
- More than anything else we want to see what skills you have.
- We want to see references from clients, direct managers, and/or your school instructors only.
- If you have an employment history, we want to know the names and contact info of all direct managers, duties performed (that are relevant to ANY job at our agency), and the reason for leaving each job.
- Please personalize your resume to RdyToGo and the position(s) you wish to apply for.
- While it is an added bonus to have a highly designed resume or one that markets your talents well, all companies expect it to be well written and flawless (no typos and proper syntax). We too, use grammar, spelling, and overall writing skills on a resume as a measure of job candidacy.
All applicants should have a portfolio of recent projects ready to share. If we interview, we will want to see your portfolio and plan to ask questions about your projects, your inspiration and motivation.
Since blogs are an important function of marketing and we are a creative marketing agency, we want to see your blog. A good blog or personal website that markets you and your skillset will help you shine during the interview process.
Learn About Us
Check out our website, learn about our service offering, clientele, our mission and goals, and our weaknesses. Have some questions to ask us and plans on how you can help us. Remember, you are interviewing us too.
Social Media and Online Profiles
As an online marketing agency we check out your social media profiles and online presence. We hope to see how well your online profiles market your skills and abilities. Having a well maintained and tactful online presence will show a strong knowledge of your marketing, social profile management, and writing skillsets.
While we cannot promise an interview to every applicant, we do interview a high percentage of applicants.
If you receive the opportunity to interview, congratulations. Some of our interviewees will interview within a week of applying. The rest may wait a month to a few months to interview. So don't worry or feel dejected if you are not invited to interview right away.
Don't assume that things are final. We want you to reapply each year or when you have something new on your resume to share.
We will either email or call you. If you are given the opportunity to interview, we will also attempt to schedule the interview.