If you’re planning to make any CSS changes to your WordPress Theme, it is best if you create a “child theme” before proceeding. By making a child theme and adding your changes there you don’t have to worry about losing your progress when there is a theme update.
What Is a “Child Theme”?
A child theme is a WordPress sub theme that inherits everything, such as functionality, features, style, etc, from it’s parent theme, but also allows you to make changes to its code. Child Themes provide a safe work environment to modify a WordPress theme without having to make any changes to the files of the parent theme.
How To Create A Child Theme
When creating a child theme in WordPress you have two options:
- You can use a support token and let us do the work for you
- You can do it yourself by following our DIY Pro-How Guides
If you’re more the do-it-yourself type you can visit one of the Pro-How guides for step by step instructions:
|Pro-How Guide||Tech Level|
|How to create a WordPress child theme|
|How to change themes in WordPress|
About RdyToGo, Firebolt, and the Pro-How Technology Training Service
RdyToGo, pronounced “Ready To Go,” is a creative marketing agency with design studios in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and Jacksonville, Florida.
Our mission is to help entrepreneurs better the world. We do this with our web design, branding, marketing, and training services.
It is very important to offer marketing and technology-based training through our Pro-How service because it speaks directly about our mission, vision, and beliefs. Additionally, we offer static WordPress hosting services through Firebolt for those who need the performance.
What can RdyToGo do to further our mission? Education, promotion, and empowerment are the keys to helping entrepreneurs #BetterTheWorld. We use our specific skills in the following ways.
- Education: RdyToGo offers the Pro-How service to train people with skills to help them change their world.
- Promotion: Our creative marketing, branding, and web design services promote our clients, helping more people know what they can do.
- Empowerment: At our core, we feel that all people, regardless of background, deserve to enjoy the reward of their hard work. Our efforts are designed to empower people to grow, make changes in their lives, and better the world.
Why not join RdyToGo on our adventure? Try our free and paid training services, or hire us for